Sunday, January 28, 2007

Actors, Where Are You Going...

Emily:
Do you ever look at an audition posting and just think, “Yes, I know I can do this role, this is perfect for me!” Where does that gut instinct come from and why are we drawn there? You might think it is simply because you match the vocal type or style, age, height or any other “quality”. But there are other forces at work…forces that drove you to be an actor in the first place, deep inner feelings that give you personal bliss and satisfaction to create and explore and express.

So many times we can feel exhausted pushing those great instinct’s aside and thinking foolishly that because we’re an actor, we have to be able to play anything and everything to get the job. And then we also think to ourselves, “What sets me apart from all the other thousands of actors striving to get jobs?” Yikes! It’s mind blowing!

Still a secret resource in the city!!! John Dapolito’s-AWG (Actors Where Are You Going?) Program (www.johndapolito.com), is pioneering new psychological profiling technique’s to help actors understand how to market themselves. You are the product you’re selling in the acting world and John’s program helps the actor uncover their personal niche (product) for individual success.

An established actor, playwright, director and acting teacher himself, John has an instinct for revealing actors to themselves like no one I have ever met. He addresses all of those haunting acting questions during his eye-opening seminars, which then sets the tone for the one-on-one private session. I recommend both HIGHLY. For one of the most useful things I have ever given myself is the AWG-Program. It has added new direction to the way I work my craft and see myself as an actor. Check out the website!

Because.....if you don’t know where you’re going….
…..it’s much, much harder to get there.

No comments: